06 June 2016

A few things about my reviews...

I thought i would list down a few things about my reviews and which angle I am coming from.

First of all, you may be asking about the name.  Why "The Film Ferret"?  Well previously we have owned two ferrets and whilst they are a real funny animal to have as a pet they are also very curious in how they behave.  As they wonder around they would see things that interested them and then take and hide the item in their own little stash.  So sometimes we would find little pieces of wood, bark and other coloured items hidden away away from plain sight and we just knew the ferret had been around.  Missing that little item you placed on the floor a while ago?  Find the ferret...cause she probably took it.
This was our first ferret and one day whilst "trying" taking photos of it it ducked under the dog kennel and then stuck its head out of a small gap and i was quick enough to get a shot in and after getting the film developed it ended up being the perfect picture with his tongue sticking out.  This then become an avatar for several places on the web.

The films are not rated in stars as such but "Ferrets" with 5 Ferrets being the best and one or lower naturally being the worst.  I take various things into account when reviewing the film, so just because it has great effects or loads of action it doesn't mean it will get a high rating but of course there will be times when a certain movie appeals to me even just like a certain movie may "click" with you even if others bag it out.  We have all been created by God with our own personality which just makes it even better :)

My ratings are split up into three categories, Movie, Image and Disc.

Movie = The overall movie experience which includes how well it comes together, how technically advanced it is and simply just how much I enjoyed it.

Image = This is simply how well the movie looks.  For the modern movie from the past 10 or 15 years there wouldn't be much of a problem as they would all look quite pristine, but for movies going back from the silent era all the way through to the late 90's it may not always be that simple.  I take into account how well the image looks, if its been restored, how sharp, scratch/speckle free or not and so on. I also take into account how the audio sounds.  I'm not too picky in this area :)

Disc = This is simply what the disc includes.  Are there any extras?  What is included?  The more "ferrets" the more extras it includes.  This could be Documentaries, Commentaries, Interviews, Deleted scenes etc etc.

My reviews will be of movies ranging from the silent era (I only own a few so don't get too concerned!) right up to modern day films.  I will also try to post a review at least once a week.

Hope this helps in explaining my reviews.

1 comment: